Review: SkinFood Fermented Soy Milk Wrinkle Care Sleeping Mask


    I've been using this every night for a little over a month now.  I got this because while I'm not 'terrified' of wrinkles, I feel like I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Plus I was curious about the idea of 'sleeping masks', which was why I picked this up.  The Laniege Sleeping Pack EX is a more popular (and expensive) sleeping mask that tends to go for $20+ online; this was my alternative and I'm quite pleased I tried this overall ^_^

    Cost: $14.70 @ Sasa.  Quite a reasonable price considering it retails for 14000won (~$12.50 USD) in Korea according to Cosmeddicted :)

    Description:
     
    Skin Food Fermented Soy Milk Wrinkle Care Sleeping Mask is an anti-wrinkle sleeping mask that contains adenosine and soy milk ferment extract. It forms a protective layer onto skin and provides continuous moisturization overnight, making skin smooth, resilient, and moist by morning. - From Sasa
    Leave on facial mask steeps skin in potent anti-wrinkle ingredients, soothing and healing skin while you sleep, to deliver a fresh and youthful complexion, with improved resilience and texture, in the morning. Recommended for aging and wrinkle-prone skin types. Gently massage sleeping pack on skin as the last step of your nighttime skin routine. - From YesStyle

    Directions: After emulsion or essence, apply desired amount evenly onto face and gently massage to absorb.


    Packaging: Love the hygienic pump!  No real complaints, everything is sturdy and pumps smoothly.  Honestly, this is definitely one of the best pumps on a beauty product I've tried - it never catches, splatters or leaks ^_^!  The cap fits tightly too so this is quite portable.  If I had to be super nitpicky though, I'd say that one full pump gives enough for almost two uses so you need to do half a pump if you don't want to use it up too fast.   Overall, the packaging is simple yet excellent.

    Top: one pump
    Bottom: totally absorbed (~15-30s)

    Texture: A lovely, milky white watery gel.  It soaks in pretty fast but if you put on too much you'll have a slightly oily looking sheen in the morning.  No biggie though, this is a sleeping MASK, not a lotion anyway.  Super light and I'm quite fond of the gel texture, which is a refreshing change from how gels are usually drying/not moisturizing.

    Scent: I wouldn't say it smells like soy milk (the best soy milk product: Silk Whitia Soy Milk mask = LOVE), but it's a fine scent nonetheless.  It has a vaguely artificial, fresh, clean scent.  I can't quite put my finger on it but it's inoffensive and mild.

    Experience: Really nice. I put this on as a last step at night.  I usually use about 3/4 of a pump and liberally massage it into my face and neck.  It feels a little "wet" when you put it on at first but it soaks in quickly and feels refreshing.  Like my face is "drinking" it in :D I don't believe this leaves a residue even though when I wake up in the morning sometimes I'll have a little sheen of oil? on my forehead.  I think it's just a sign of hydration ^^ and in any case, it's easily remedied with a swipe of toner or a splash of water.    I have never experienced any irritation or breakouts.

    Results: I find this to be a very hydrating (but not overly so) mask.  As far as I'm concerned, sleeping mask is basically a synonym for lotion/moisturizer, but whatever the name, the results are good.  I am a very oily skinned person and strictly in the "It's Impossible to Over-Moisturize" Camp.   I find that generously moisturizing at night actually keeps my face fairly oil-free during the day.  This neatly ties into the fact that oil secretion increases when your skin is too dry.  Thus oily people should actually moisturize more.  This philosophy works for me quite well and I have seen a remarkable decrease in oiliness after incorporating sheet masks and a reliable moisturizer into my skincare routine.  I would say that this sleeping mask helps too.  My skin is always nice and plump in the morning and the fact that it has anti-wrinkle prevention in the ingredients is just a bonus.

    Overall
    I find that this works well for me and will probably re-purchase it in the future.   I like the light gel-like texture, the quick absorption, and low maintenance quality of not having to wash it off.  It's simply a very convenient boost of hydration + wrinkle care in one.  The hygienic pump and fair price seals the deal for me.  One caveat: I admit I have no idea if this is actually preventing wrinkles.  I suppose it's one of those things where only the absence of something proves your point ^^ For now I am content to just believe I am preventing future wrinkles while hydrating my skin :}

    I recommend that everybody try this. Also it seems fairly gentle so even sensitive skinned peeps can use it.  For people on the fence about whether chicks in their 20s should use anti-aging products, this mask is a good compromise by rolling a gentle anti-wrinkle and moisturization all-in-one for a good price.  It's not an intensive anti-wrinkle cream by any means but still provides a small measure of prevention :)

    Fyi SkinFood has a Fermented Pomegranate version of this mask (review from Cosmeddicted).  However, the Pomegranate version is a whitening mask, not a wrinkle care one.  Also Cosmeddicted says the mask doesn't actually whiten though and we all know how I feel about beauty products that don't do what is promises ;)

Total Pageviews