Review: Sasatinnie Dolly Lip Smoothies SPF30

    I was feeling a little adventurous whilst Sasa hauling and picked up a Sasatinnie product - mostly because everything was priced so damn low xD As far as I can tell, Sasatinnie products are made in Malaysia and I believe owned by Sasa (hence the name Sasatinnie ;) ).

    The Dolly Lip Smoothies caught my eye because 1.) They look like Nivea lip balms and 2.) it's SPF30 and it eases my new found paranoia about getting wrinkles around my mouth - perhaps sun protection can semi-prevent that *whew* what a run-on sentence xD  Plus they're $3.80 and came in five different yummy sounding flavors (01 Grenadine, 02 Strawberry, 03 Vanilla, 04 Raspberry, 05 Green Apple).

    Description
    SASATINNIE Dolly Lip Smoothies SPF 30 provides perfect moisture surge. Shea butter blends instantly smooth and moisturize your lips. Natural glossy finish makes your lips even more kissable. It is powered up with antioxidants and SPF 30 for your healthy lips.

    Directions

    Apply a proper amount to lips before application of lipstick. Or apply when lips are dehydrated. 
    Purchased: $3.80 from Sasa

    Packaging: I eagerly await the day Asian cosmetic companies start hiring FLUENT Asian Americans to edit packaging blurbs.  And this isn't directed at just Sasatinnie but at ALL Asian companies - Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese...basically, I have yet to see a single Asian cosmetics brand that regularly utilizes grammatically correct English.  It just drives me absolutely insane to see truly reputable and quality Asian brands severely limiting themselves with shoddy translations.  Especially in lawsuit-happy America, Asian brands really need to start creating professional packaging if they ever want to open up the American demographic! *end rant*

    Anyway, at least the English is on the packaging you just throw out ^^ Otherwise, the tube itself is very comparable (if not identical) to Nivea.  The heft and feel of the plastic is exactly the same.  A mild complaint is that the balm wiggles a bit in the tube...I feel like if you twist it up too high at once it'd just break off :P

    Flavor: 04 Raspberry.  I wouldn't say it tastes like raspberries (a naturally subtle taste), it honestly doesn't taste like anything. This is good in my book.


    Scent: A fragrant raspberry yogurt (or shall we say smoothie ^_~) scent.  It is quite nice and fruity without being too strong or fake smelling.  It has an almost tangy bite to the scent, so it's not overly sweet.

    Color: I thought this would be tinted red or pink but it's just a peach color that goes on clear.  I noticed from the blurry sample pics on sasa that each flavor has it's own color though, so I don't know if those are tinted or none of them are.  In any case, this one goes on clear.


    Texture: Silky smooth and goes on very light.  It doesn't "melt" on your lips like TBS Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick but it's similar in how both glide on very nicely.

    Moisturization: A slight con to this product.  It's not that moisturizing.  It's not drying but it seems to wear away quickly and needs frequent reapplication.  It goes well under lipstick though and never leaves a residue.  It also leaves a nice smooth, sightly shiny finish :)

    Overall
    I'm pretty surprised how thoroughly acceptable this product is.  It has almost no negatives, can be used under lipstick or alone, and best of all, will provide your lips with A LOT of sun protection.  FYI: Your lips CAN get sunburned and they do become darker with sun exposure.  Hence if you have very pigmented lips (which can be a bother since it may interfere with lipstick color results), you may want to start paying a bit of attention to your lips.  Also as you age, the edges of your lips wrinkle which cause lipstick to "bleed outside the lines" and in the long run, I am sure preventing excess sun damage will be beneficial :)  As a side note though, is it just me or are there an awful lot of ingredients for a lip balm O_o (maybe it's just big font?)

    I've definitely never seen a lip balm with this such high SPF protection that leaves absolutely no residue - and that deserves props in my book.  It does wear away fast but this is definitely the kind of lip balm I can see myself using during vacations.  It's light, provides a lot of protection, pleasant to use, and very low maintenance.  And cheap.  Nivea Kiss of Moisture SPF4 lip balms runs $5-6 for reference.   Just remember not to get this if you like tinted balms.  All in all, I think this would be a great little buy to add to your cart if you're just a dollar or so off the $75+ free shipping minimum order on Sasa.  It's not the most necessary product ever but it's not a bad buy at all - I don't think anyone would regret it :}

    If anyone has tried other Sasatinnie products or know anything more about them let me know :D

Total Pageviews