Review: My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask

    My router at home went down for a few days so I was internet-less at home for a bit xD But in the meantime, my Sasa package finally came! YES! I do have to say I was rather surprised (in a good way) with the customer service. Basically, I emailed them about 1-2 weeks ago. First, I got an automated message saying they were on a little delayed from the holidays and they would personally reply within 48 hours.  And lo and behold, within 48 hours they emailed me my tracking number and note saying it had been delayed in Hong Kong for about 14 days O_o  In any case, 2-3 days ago the package arrived with everything tightly and neatly bundled.  So, I guess I'd say that while it literally took over a month to arrive, Sasa overall hasn't disappointed me.

    Anyway, this means more face mask reviews!  I've only used this sheet mask 2x so far so take this review was a small grain of salt~  If my impression of this mask changes I'll probably come back and update this review. 

    Purchased at: Sasa

    Price: $12.10/10 masks = $1.20/mask

    Description:

    My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask whitens nourishes and revitalizes skin. It is ideal for all skin types, especially dull and damaged skin.  Creates translucent and whitened skin: Super fine pearl powder contains various amino acid and microelements which permeate into skin, performing watery and white skin. Mulberry peel essence hydrates skin.  Revitalizes and nourishes skin: Vitamin B and seaweed complex revitalize and nourish skin while licorice and citrus ingredients condition and nourish skin.  Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.
    Suitable for: It is ideal for all skin types, especially dull and damaged skin.


    Experience: The white-gold packaging was really luxe to me ^_^ Dunno, something about the gold and silver I guess.   The mask had a really delicate, baby powder scent.  It smelled gentle and very pleasant.  Like all MBD masks, it fit and stayed nicely on my face.  As usual, there was just enough serum to put on my neck, no more no less. Overall, it was a very nice experience.  Unfortunately, when I took off the mask my the results weren't as dramatic as it is when I use the MBD Apple Polyphenol mask.  I feel like it soothed my skin but wasn't effectively brightening as I expected.  There wasn't much of a cooling effect either while I had the mask on my face so redness wasn't "as down" as it usually is. Basically, my face wasn't as radiant as I thought it'd be.

    Overall
    Fit: Two slits around the chin.  View my previous MBD reviews for pictures.  MBD masks fit me perfectly in any case.

    Scent: Delicate baby powder scent. Quite pleasant.

    Texture: Soft, thin, sticks to face well as per all MBD masks.

    Excess serum: As I've said many-a-time before, MBD has enough serum but not as much as Silk Whitia or FaceQ.  Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on your preference.

    Claims:
    My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask whitens nourishes and revitalizes skin.
    • Not sure about nourishing but my skin does feel refreshed afterwards.
    Creates translucent and whitened skin: Super fine pearl powder contains various amino acid and microelements which permeate into skin, performing watery and white skin.
    • While it whitened my face because it brought down redness, my face didn't have that translucency that I get when I use other masks.  And what is "watery and white skin"? :P  I'm not sure about long term whitening (aka scar lightening).
    Mulberry peel essence hydrates skin.
    • Si senorita :)  My face felt more moisturized.
    Revitalizes and nourishes skin: Vitamin B and seaweed complex revitalize and nourish skin while licorice and citrus ingredients condition and nourish skin.
    • Repetition of point 1 :P
    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.
    • Repetition of point 4 -_-
    Overall results: This was a soothing, hydrating , mildly brightening mask.  On the upside, I can see this mask working for almost everyone.  It's very gentle, moderately soothing, and nicely scented. On the downside, I don't think it was that effective.  For example, I've been using the new MBD Flower series (from a previous batch) and the results I get from those are significantly better and more dramatic (I'll be reviewing those later). While I can see how this mask can perk up dull skin, I don't know how much of an effect it'd have on 'damaged' skin :\ I know that this mask is one of the more popular masks in the MBD line but personally, I'd only recommend this for people with very sensitive skin.  For others, it may not be as effective (aka brightening) as you may expect.

    This is one of the most loved MBD masks and my assessment is lukewarm in comparison ^^ so like I said, do take this particular review with a grain of salt.  Everyone's skin is different (and if anything my skin is on the psychotic side) so in the end, it's always best to try things yourself :)

Total Pageviews