Review: My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Mask


    Purchased at: Sasa

    Price: $12.10/10 masks = $1.21/mask

    Description:
    My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Mask tightens pores, refines and hydrates skin. 
    Nano mild Hibiscus acid tightens pores: It is a mild Alpha Hydroxy Acid which removes cuticles to prevent and correct large pores. Oil Balancing mask helps tighten pores and improve skin texture, leaving skin fine and radiant. 
    Hydrate skin and restore elasticity: Nanospheres and hyaluronic acid extracted by biological technology boost formation of collagen to restore skin’s elasticity.
    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized.
    Suitable for: It is ideal for all skin types, especially skin with visible pores.

    Experience: Lovely tangy apple scent as soon as I open it.  Mask itself is fine and holds enough serum, though there isn't much serum left over for your neck.  The mask doesn't have a "cooling" effect that I often get with Silk Whitia masks but the serum dries without a residue.  My face always seems smoother, brighter, and more hydrated after use.   Supposedly, this mask has a mild exfoliating effect (must be the AHA) and skin certainly does seem smoother though I don't see anything "peeling" off necessarily.


    Overall:
    Fit: MBD masks fit me well, though they aren't as adjustable as FaceQ masks.

    Scent: A crisp, tangy granny smith apple scent.  Very similar to the TonyMoly Appletox.

    Texture: Quite thin and light. Much thinner than Silk Whitia and a hair thicker than FaceQ.

    Excess serum: While the mask itself is always nicely soaked, I never get as much excess serum from MBD masks as I do from FaceQ and Silk Whitia masks. 

    Claims:
    Nano mild Hibiscus acid tightens pores: It is a mild Alpha Hydroxy Acid which removes cuticles to prevent and correct large pores. <-- Perhaps with long term use pores will get smaller permanently but it does temporarily reduce pore size at least.
    Oil Balancing mask helps tighten pores and improve skin texture, leaving skin fine and radiant. <-- Definitely leaves my skin looking quite radiant. 
    Hydrate skin and restore elasticity: Nanospheres and hyaluronic acid extracted by biological technology boost formation of collagen to restore skin’s elasticity.  <-- My skin does seem temporarily "bouncier" and fuller but I am not sure of long term elasticity improvement.
    Amazing Nanospheres Technology: Structured with plenty of tiny holes, it enhances absorption of nourishment, leaving skin moisturized. <-- I like how this mask leaves my skin moisturized without the slight oily sheen.
    Overall results: I would definitely say this is my favorite sheet mask among all the ones I've tried/reviewed so far.  It has all the traits I'm looking for in a mask: effective, yet gentle, smells great, serum dries without residue, reasonably good fit, and MBD masks are actually the cheapest compared to FaceQ and Silk Whitia masks if you go by per mask cost in boxes of 10.  The only tiny nitpick I have is that I wish it came with more excess serum - however, others say their MBD have come with more than plenty, so maybe it was just my particular boxes?  I'll be ordering 2-3 boxes of MBD so I'll give that one more chance.

    Anyway, I can see why the MBD brand is so popular and the fact MBD has so many sheet mask types to choose from makes the brand only more addictive I must say.   I am fiddling with my next Sasa haul (which includes more sheet masks than I ever though I'd try in my life) and I'm working on compiling a massive ranked list of my favorite sheet masks ^_^  But for now my top 3 favorite sheet masks have been MBD Apple Polyphenol, Skinfood Vita-A Gel Mask (not a 'sheet' but close enough ^_~), and Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening Mask (even if I do need to rinse afterward, it smells so damn good and leaves my face quite luminous).

Total Pageviews