Review: Holika Holika + SkinFood + Etude House


    Sometimes I wonder if I'm trying to cram too much into one video....  This was a long one :P  But I only had three Holika Holika products and one thing led to another so yeah~ This is mostly a Holika Holika vid, which I think needs to be talked about more anyway because it's such a new brand :)


    Holika Holika Apple Shine Peeling Sheet
    You can actually buy these online but the website is in Korean ^_^. They are 1000won each = ~.85 - $1 USD.  But you really needn't be troubled by this...cuz this is a crap product :\ It really is.


    Basically, you scrub the hell out of you face with a rough piece of cloth :\ Of course there will be some exfoliation going on like that but not only was it annoying to use, I don't think it worked very well either.  Forgot to mention this leaves a white residue on your face (and fingers).   Wouldn't recommend this useless product to anyone.

    Holika Holika Juicy Hawaii Kiwiade Cleansing Tissue
    Smells fresh n' fruity...a strong, tart granny smith apple scent.  It works pretty well and is very portable but I don't particularly recommend it for US-buyers because I don't think it's "amazing" enough to import. I'm sure you can find comparable items but if you do come across it, it's a great, convenient product to have.

    Holika Holika Aqua Muse Watery Lipstick


    I really like this product personally but I feel like it may not be everyone's cup of tea, even if I do love the unique watery finish and have never come across anything else like it. This is why I said you're not missing too much if you don't try it in the video.

    Full review here.

    Skinfood Facial Water Vita-A Gel Mask

    I really love this product.  This is currently my favorite face mask and by far the most unique mask I've ever tried.    The gel and Alaskan water perhaps? really cools down and de-puffs your face.  It's so weird how it actually gets colder the longer it sits on your face O_O I don't know it works but I love it.  Takes down redness, soothes irritated skin....can't say enough.

    In fact, I think it cut the recovery period the second time I had hives down in half.  I didn't use this mask the first time I got hives and it took about 5-6 days to go away completely.  The second time I got hives, I used this mask exclusively - my hives were gone in 3-4 days.  This kind of result could be particular to me but I think everyone should give this mask a try, especially those with sensitive, irritated skin.

    The top layer is clear plastic, the middle is the gel mask, then there's white plastic on the bottom.

    The only downside is that this mask is not adjustable. At all.  And if you tear this very fragile mask at you won't be able to "stick" it back together.  It doesn't help that you need to gently peel two layers of plastic off the gel to use it.  Also, the gel is pretty thick so if the pre-cut shape of this mask doesn't sit on your face right....it's just not going to sit on your face right.  Quite simply, this gel mask is not adjustable to many face shapes.

    Nonetheless, I think everyone ought to give this a try.  I really want to try the Facial Water Vita-B and Vita-C gel masks as well, maybe someday~

    Skinfood Pineapple Peeling Gel


    Doesn't work very well on me but works quite well on my brother. Like all skincare/makeup, results varies by individual but this is one case where I actually witnessed a product working significantly better on another person versus me.  So I'd say, give this a try if you feel like it ^_^

    Full review here.

    Etude House Aqua Cure Gel Cream


    I only used two of the sample packets but the samples were pretty big so I think I can make a somewhat-informed review.  I pretty much covered everything I want to say in the video. Basically, the product feels nice on your face, doesn't break me out, and is pretty unique at least to me (I've never tried gel creams before).  Super light, absorbs fast, but I swear it leaves a bit of residue.  Also it smells odd and it's not that moisturizing all things considered. Overall, it's just nothing amazing.  I personally would never buy a full size of this product, especially if I had to import it, but others might find it worth trying if they are not looking for a lot of hydration and a slightly matte finish. 

    Overall
    Love:
    - Skinfood Facial Water Vita-A Gel Mask
    - Holika Holika Watery Muse Lipstick

    Passable:
    - Holika Holika Juicy Hawaii Kiwiaide Cleaning Tissue
    - Skinfood Pineapple Peeling Gel
    - Etude House Aqua Cure Gel Cream

    Reject:
    - Holika Holika Apple Shine Peeling Sheet

Total Pageviews