Review: FaceQ Red Pomegranate + CoQ10 Mask


    Purchased at: Sasa

    Cost: $12.60/10 pieces = $1.26/mask.

    FaceQ masks are a lot cheaper than Silk Whitia masks, which are normally $3.58/mask, though with the current BOGO promotion, they are $1.79/mask.  If I am not mistaken, FaceQ is manufactured by the same people who make the famous My Beauty Diary Masks.  MBD go for ~$12.10/box of 10 while FaceQ masks for for ~12.60/box of 10 on Sasa, so FaceQ masks are ever-so-slightly more expensive.

    Description: Face Q Red Pomegranate + CoQ10 Mask is made from 100% wood pulp with silk, it fit your facial contour twice as best as normal paper mask and rapidly infiltrate nourishment for your skin. Red pomegranate and Anthocyanin are two powerful anti-oxidant ingredients. It fights against dullness and dehydration. Chamomile extracts is also added to avoid further dark pigment formulation, helping skin to restore its natural glow. After application your skin will become supple, smooth. Its mild and gentle nature makes it suitable even after sun bathing, it will soothe and calm the redness due to long sun exposure.


    Ingredients
    • Red Pomegranate extract: Improve dehydrated, wrinkled, dull and inflexible skin. Revitalize and helps skin regain luster.
    • White willow bark extract: natural exfoliating BHA with conditioning, excellent whitening effect.
    • Catechin: Fight against water retention and edema.
    • Camellia Sinesis: a natural antioxidant. Its content of White Tea Extract its two to three times more than green tea,
    • Morus alba extract: a whitening effect inhibition of pigment and melanin formation
    • CoQ10: anti-aging co-enzyme.  It is naturally present in every cell in the human body, but is reduced by aging and stress.  This reduction causes damage and wrinkles. More info.
    Suitable for: All skin type / dry and delicate skin


    Experience: The first thing that I immediately noticed was the fantastic adjust-ability of this mask.  The mask claims that since it's 100% wood pulp the mask will fit" your facial contour twice as best as normal paper mask."  I doubt it it's the wood pulp as much as the helpful little slits all around the edges of this mask though.  Regardless of the reason, this mask perfectly contoured itself to my face and my mother's, who has wider cheekbones.


    The mask itself is thin, much thinner than Silk Whitia.  I prefer the thicker Silk Whitia, but I am sure that's just a matter of preference.  Like the Silk Whitia, this mask also comes with a lot of excess serum.  Some people have commented "too much" serum is annoying because it'll drip everywhere (I don't mind this at all), so if you're one of those people, then you will probably prefer the FaceQ masks to Silk Whitia (which is DRENCHED).   Since the mask is thinner, it "dried" a lot faster than Silk Whitia.  I also applied the excess serum all over my neck; the serum is more "liquid-y" than the more gel-like serum of Silk Whitia.

    Overall:
    Fit: Excellent.  Far superior to the Silk Whitia mask in terms of adjustability.

    Scent: Smelled like tart red apple.  I guess that's b/c pomegranates as a fruit don't have much of a scent ^_^ The scent was a little "tangy" and strong for my taste, but it's not a bad scent.
    Texture: Paper-like, very thin.  I prefer Silk Whitia's thicker texture since it seems to retain more serum. However, it's not so thin that it tears easily.

    Excess serum:  Plenty of liquid-y serum to use on neck.  Dries without crust, but leaves ever-so-slightly sticky residue.  I prefer the FaceQ in this respect, I was very disappointed how the Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening mask left a dried crust on my neck (not on my face tho, oddly enough) that had to be washed off.

    Claims:
    Anti-oxidant ingredients fight against dullness and dehydration. Chamomile extracts is also added to avoid further dark pigment formulation, helping skin to restore its natural glowI did feel more hydrated but I can't comment on preventing dark pigmentation. I feel that such claims are useless since you'd probably have to use these masks everyday.

    After application your skin will become supple, smooth. Yes, it did.
     
    Claims to be mild and gentle nature makes it suitable even after sun bathing, it will soothe and calm the redness due to long sun exposure. It's supposed to be for delicate (sensitive?) skin but I don't think it is since it was definitely a bit irritating and not soothing.
    Results: Not so good for me.   I do not recommend this to those with sensitive skin. It did not break me out but it was definitely a little bit irritating.  My face tingled uncomfortably with the mask on and when I took it off, there was no reduction in redness.  Therefore, I personally will never be using this mask again. The serum I smeared on my neck dried slightly sticky but left no crust like the Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening mask did.

    I noticed my face was firmer and looked poreless, but I was a bit red and my face tingled even after I removed the mask.  Also my face felt very tight (not supple) and stiff.  My face was hydrated but not amazingly so.  Overall, was not impressed.  Although the Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening mask leaves an unfortunate crust, I prefer it far more.  However, my mother likes this mask very much.  She has some wrinkles, mature skin with large pores. Whereas I have small pores, textured facial scarring, and very sensitive combo (mostly oily) skin.  Since we have very different skin types, I think it is telling that my mom likes this a lot more than I do.  She says this really brightens her skin, makes her pores feel tighter, and makes her face feel clean.   Therefore, I recommend this mask for people with mature skin, large pores and wrinkles, especially since CoQ10 is an anti-aging ingredient.

    My ideal sheet mask would give me results like the Silk Whitia mask without leaving the crusty excess.  In other words, I'm still on the hunt for my favorite sheet mask ^_^! 

Total Pageviews