Review: My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask

    Wheee....more My Beauty Diary~ This was a very scrumptious smelling mask.  This and the MBD Yogurt mask (though I didn't like it that much) are two of the yummiest smelling MBD masks. Though I must admit the yummiEST smelling mask to me is still the Silk Whitia Soy Milk Whitening mask...it smells like delectable cake ^_^;;


    Purchased at: BonjourHK ($9.70) or Sasa ($12.10)

    Description:
    My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask softens, smooths and highly moisturizes the skin. Apricot extract from southern France provides excellent moisturizing effect. It quenches the thirst of skin, leaving dry skin keenly comfortable. The skin surface will be inscrutably velvety to the touch.  Added with extracts of highly moisturizing grain, such as oat, job's tears and hydrolyzed rice protein, it gives more in-depth nourishing and nursing effect to dry skin. The stratum corneum is fully soaked in moisturizing ingredients. It maintains skin’s suppleness, elasticity, fairness and clearness.
    Suitable for: It is suitable for normal skin. It is especially recommended for dry skin and combination skin that tends towards dryness.

    I had to increase the saturation to make the silvery text show :P 
    As cute as MBD packages are, the shiny packaging is a pain to photograph ><

    Experience: The scent was lovely from the moment I opened the package. A very sweet, apricot scent.  There was a mild cooling effect and the experience was very nice.  I think the soothing, pleasing scent had a lot to do with that.  After removing the mask my face felt refreshed, looked brighter, and was more hydrated.  Redness was generally down and I have never experienced any irritation.  Downside is that the effects of this mask aren't as obvious compared to the MBD Apple Polyphenol mask.  I dunno what it is but the Apple Polyphenol always gives my face this incandescent glow (I reckon from the mildly exfoliating effect of the mask).

    The envelope packaging is a little blah - I think it's the pre-2010 packaging.

    Overall
    Fit: After a bit of research, word has it MBD updated the material and cut of their masks (though the ingredients/formula are unchanged) in 2010.  For me personally, post-2010 masks, which are thinner and cut with a lot of forehead space ^^ are the ideal fit for me.  I believe the Yogurt mask I tried was manufactured pre-2010 and was an awful fit.

    Scent: Exactly as you'd expect. Like a sweetly spiced apricot. Very pleasing and mild.

    Mask texture: Thin and silky.  Sticks well to your face a holds a lot of serum.

    Excess serum: A dime sized amount as does most masks from the MBD Natural Key line have.

    Claims: Soften, smooth, moisturize/suppleness, elasticity, fairness and clearness. <-- I would say this mask does everything it claims.  My face always feels softer, plumped (smooth), and more moisturized afterward.   

    Overall Results: Definitely solidly in the category of masks that are good but not fantastic.  I'm not positive if I'd buy it again but it's something I would definitely recommend others try if they are interested in trying a couple MBD masks.  It's very gentle, smells excellent, feels good, and there was no irritation.  There was a slight cooling effect as well.  I would give this a solid 7/10.  If it were more of a unique mask and the results were startlingly good, I'd rate it higher. However, it does everything it promises so I can't complain too much :)

Total Pageviews