Godiva Ice Cream Parlor Truffles

    I have a peculiar love of taking macro pictures of food cross-sections (don't ask me why).  So of course when Godiva released a seasonal collection of chocolates that has me super-excited - it's called Ice Cream Parlor - I just had to take some pictures of it!

    Limited Edition Ice Cream Parlor Truffles

    Our limited edition Ice Cream Parlor Truffle Collection has expanded with 2 new delicious flavors, Banana Split and Black Raspberry, offered in the Boutique Chocolate Case. These truffles join your returning favorites such as Mint Chocolate Chip, Rocky Road, Neapolitan, Pistachio, Double Dark Chocolate, Lemon Sorbet and Pecan Caramel Sundae.

    The website lists only 6 ice cream truffles but I know there are at least 10+ varieties.  It's been next to impossible to find a full listing of all the available flavors (either Google has failed me or Godiva needs to work on their SEO).  Whatever, this is a collection Godiva has done before so I'm sure there are many other delectable flavors floating around out there.

    Neapolitan, Mint Chocolate Chip, Banana Split, Pistachio

    My crap photography skills don't do them justice but gosh, these little babies just melt my heart....   I only got 4 this time around but I'm sure next time I pass the shop it'll be another four (or all the other flavors available ^_~).

    Our Neapolitan Ice Cream Parlor Truffles feature a dual center of strawberry and vanilla ganache, enrobed in milk chocolate.
    Neapolitan - It's supposed to be the classic vanilla, chocolate, strawberry mix.  I put this one first cuz it was my least favorite :P The flavor was so typical and aside from how purty the cross-section is, I didn't really enjoy this one.  It just tastes like any ol' chocolate+strawberry sweet.  The strawberry tasted really artificial too.  I don't really recommend this one. 


    Taste aside, the dual center certainly does photograph beautifully though doesn't it ^_^?  Also love the creamy consistency.

    Not on website.
    Banana Split - Milk chocolate+walnuts+strawberry+banana (the bottom).  The banana flavor was surprisingly strong in this one, and overall this actually tasted like a Banana Split.  I rather liked this one - the creamy banana taste was fairly unusual and made this taste authentically "banana-split"-y.   My bro said he thought it tasted bitter though, which I thought was odd.

    Our delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Parlor truffles feature mint ganache and Godiva chocolate chips, enrobed in a dark chocolate shell.
    Mint Chocolate Chip - omg this seriously tastes just like a spoonful of warm mint chocolate chip!  If you like mint chocolate ice cream, you'll really like this one.  I will say the mint chocolate flavor itself is kind of prosaic (I mean the whole mint+dark chocolate thing has been done a million times) but the ice-cream-like texture really makes this truffle something special (to me).

    Pistachio and white chocolate ganache is enrobed in a shell of rich dark and white Godiva chocolate, and sprinkled with crushed pistachios.
    Pistachio - I don't actually like pistachios in nut form but I got this one because the lime green color charmed me so much~  Turns out to be probably my favorite among the four.  It just has that delicate, unmistakable pistachio flavor and the perfect whipped cream texture.  Twas delicious and is highly recommended ^_^


    I hope you guys aren't grossed out by bite marks (because then you're probably barfing all over your keyboard now) :\  But I couldn't resist with all the funky centers ^^  Plus the texture of the cream centers were so exquisitely spot-on when it came to feeling like ice cream is melting on your tongue (albeit without the coldness).    Overall, I feel like the flavors can be a bit of a hit-or-miss and some of the flavors are definitely on the boring side :P  Real chocolate aficionados with a refined palate may want to pass on these truffles but for the everyday chocolate lover, these are definitely a treat :)   I'm no chocolate connoisseur and I suspect you can find far more complexly flavored chocolates out there.  But overall, Godiva definitely wins hands-down in the packaging and "charm" department.


    *sigh* How could I have missed this collection before?


    I'm particularly keen to try one of these truffle cones - it's $2.50 for literally one truffle (lord knows I'm paying for that thumb sized cone and little dribble of chocolate around the edges) but they are so frikkin cute!!  I have a bad feeling that it's going to become an obsession of mine to try every flavor xD

    Well...enough of that :)  I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial weekend!  My weekend was pretty chill...my fam went to a little beach in VA, grilled hotdogs and pork slices (how Asian), ate watermelons and cherries, caught a few crabs, and just relaxed in the cool breeze blowing off the lake.  I made a little vid which I may post later this week - it's really short but kind of funny because I basically made a twin sized bed out of one of the picnic tables ehehe

Total Pageviews