Wild Flower Fairy Makeup Tutorial

    First off, I want to say thank to everyone who commented/watched my Rea-l Mayer video ^_^!  It was my first makeup tutorial and I wasn't sure how it'd turn out but you guys made every second worth it.

    This was the "nature inspired" Halloween look I alluded to a few posts ago before Ergo Proxy bounced into my life.   It's actually one of the more tame looks I had in mind, before I wanted to do something totally psycho...like an insect or something just to see if I could do it xD   I prolly still will if I can cram it in before Halloween....aka in 8 days omg.


    I forgot to mention in the video that I'm using a wet brush to intensify the color.  I like to just wet a paper towel and wipe my brush between colors and this both cleans and re-wets the brush for the next color.  Also to intensify the colors even more, use some kind of colored eyeshadow base before you apply the UD eyeshadows - my recommended eye shadow base would be the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the appropriate colors (very affordable + tons of colors). I didn't do it in the vid though because I find the UD shadows to be pretty vibrant as is.

    This look is essentially an UD Book of Shadows III look. I'm trying to use this palette as much as possible, mostly because it's my first legit palette ^^;; and I want maximize my purchase per se ;) So far I'm really liking the colors, they're super pigmented with minimal fallout (except Midnight Cowboy, which I now never use and is pretty much universally regarded as a bad eyeshadow even by UD-lovers).

    Products Used:
    * = in the UD BoSIII

    * UD Primer Potion in Original
    * UD Snatch eyeshadow
    * UD Kush eyeshadow
    * UD Psychedelic Sister eyeshadow
    UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Yeyo
    * UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Ransom
    MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
    Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Liner in Black
    UD Heavy Metal Eyeliner in Distortion (I said Pyrotechnic in the video...no idea why I said that -_-)
    Missha Shining Style Stick Eyes in White
    (yes I forgot to apply mascara X_X)
    Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel in Brown
    Lioele Silky Highlighter BB Touch
    Rock & Republic Pressed Blush in Tease
    NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
    C.O. Bigelow Menthe Lip Gloss
    G&G GBT Violet Circle Lens (LOVE THESE. Review coming soon.)

    Not shown in video:
    Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (sorry ^^ I said in the video it had no SPF :P)
    L'oreal True Match Concealer in Cool (light/medium)
    Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover (is what I use on the Q-tip)

    Ideas to enhance the look: I really recommend getting latex elf ears if you can (something really big and crazy would be cool ^^).  If you can get cuffed earrings too I think that would just take this look to a whole new level.  Also if you want a "wilder" looking fairy you could put a streak of dark lipstick on the center of you lower lip and use a black gel liner to trace more designs.  I didn't use setting powder because I wanted to look dewy but it made it a bit it hard to draw on my face with pencil because there was so much slip.  For the vid it was fine because I only wanted faint design but for a darker line, I'd say use a gel or a grease stick if you have one.  Also if you have your hands on a nice pair of lashes, use them.  I think one that wings out and is thicker on the outer ends would be particularly nice since they would enhance the exotic look.  Fyi, the lashes shouldn't be too dramatic or you'll overwhelm the eye shadow colors. This look can be adapted to be makeup for different colored flowers or an elf/pixie look... ^_^!

    I had a little trouble editing this - I had an insane 45 minutes of footage.  I decided to try filming more "freestyle" - usually I film in little bits with each step on separate clips.  This time I just left the camera running and filmed it straight through.  Bad idea.   Anyway, the light was gorgeous today so I spent a lot of time hugging my mom's potted plants xD She has a thing for alien looking plants in case you haven't noticed :}




    Here's a closeup of the eye makeup.  The top pic is too yellow and if you're wondering why my eye makeup looks a little different for each eye it's because my eyes are wonky; one has a double fold and the other is a hidden fold :P


    For peeps curious about the flower crown, it's almost embarrassingly simple x.x I cover the tape in the back by flipping my hair over it after clipping the crown into my hair.


    Anyway, if all goes well I'll be cranking out a few more of these :D  I hope you guys like!

Total Pageviews