Review: Equate Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover

    This was another item I picked up when I went on my little Walmart spree for $3.67.  To cut to the chase, I've only ever used Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover (I'll review this later,  $6.47) and now I know why.  I was feeling adventurous (and poor) so I decided to save a couple bucks and try this one out.


    Well, what a big fat disappoint that was.  I've actually already returned this and picked up my good old Neutrogena after using this once.  As soon as it got near my eyes, I started tearing, which totally caught me off guard.  Equate's makeup remover does remove makeup but it actually stings my eyes and smells suspiciously like rubbing alcohol.  And it doesn't even remove makeup particularly well I dunno if it's my imagination but it takes longer to soak in.  This makes it's difficult to use this to spot remove mascara and eyeliner mistakes quickly and accurately.

    Nonetheless, it does work and got off my waterproof mascara and Koji Dolly Wink liquid liner well enough but I gotta hand it to Urban Decay, their pencil liners are pretty stubborn.  After rubbing off about 90% of my eye makeup with a cotton swab, I had to go into my inner corners and waterline with a Q-tip to get off the Urban Decay pencils.  My eyes were watering the whole time.  On the upside I didn't get an oily residue, which I sometimes get the from the Neutrogena one but honestly, I think it is because of "alcohol"-like vibe.  Unsurprisingly, I found this a little drying as well. 

    Needless to say, I don't recommend this and suggest shelling out an additional $2.80 and just get Neutrogena's makeup remover.

    P.S. If anyone's had a different experience, let me know. I'm a little curious to know if it's just me ^_^  since it got a decent rating of a 4.2/5 on MakeUpAlley.

Total Pageviews